How to be Safe When your Local Home Repairman Do Service Calls
You will need to take precautions when inviting a repair man into your home for any work. You must bear in mind that this is a total stranger and need to put in place good safety measures to protect yourself, your family and home. These are a few steps to follow.|
- Ask for the repairman's physical description|
Get a detailed description of the repair man from the company before he arrives.|
- Ask for the handyman's photo identification|
You can request for an identification document from the repair man before you let him onto your property.|
- Monitor the movement while in your house.|
Do not let the handyman roam around your house without your supervision and as much as possible, stay with him as long as he's in your house.|
- Keep your telephone nearby|
Keep your telephone with you just in case you need to make an emergency call.|
- Let your neighbor know that a repairman is coming to your house|
If your neighbor is aware that you are expecting someone, then he or she can help you when there's a problem.|
- Do not display your valuables|
Keep away all valuable items such as expensive jewelry, laptop computers, and cash from the eyes of the repair man.|
- Request for a written or printed receipt|
Upon completion of work, ask for a receipt to be kept in your file.|
- Provide all necessary feedback to the company|
If you have any problem with the handyman such as rudeness or unprofessional actions, make sure to report this to the company.|
- Be sure that that the handyman brings all his tools|
Ensure that the repair man leaves with all his tools so that there is no reason for him to return.|
- Don't forget to lock your door as soon as the handyman leaves|
It is much better to hire professional repair men to handle these tasks. You only need to ensure that you take all the precautions outlined above to keep your home safe and protected.
For more information on finding a professional construction contractor for your residential or commercial construction or renovation project, view the online directory list of local contractors at www.ContractorRegistry.com.
Download our free iOS and Android app to find local professional contractors in our area.